I want to take this moment to remind everyone that the Delaware Valley Fly Fishers Club is offering its Introduction to Fly Fishing Class on March 22, 2014 (10:00 AM to 4:00 PM). The fee for this class is only $25.00. Seating is limited so you are encouraged to call ahead to pre-register: (215) 245-0677. Bring along your notebook and your rod and reel with line (though not required).
From personal experience I can say that this class is probably one of the finest available – for many reasons. When I attended this class – the first time – I had already been fishing for over 30 years. I learned much more than simply how to “fly fish”… I learned specifics about fish behavior and angler behavior that, once applied, brought me even more joy and success in the angling sports I grew up with.
Our expert members will share their knowledge:
• At the right time: This class will provide you with all the information you will need in order to have a fun and fulfilling “opening day” fly fishing for trout in Pennsylvania.
• Of the right gear: From rod and reel to boots and hats – you will learn what you need and what you won’t need to fulfill your fly fishing goals.
• Of the right tactics: You will learn to “read the water” and to “match the hatch” to help you decide whether to fish the top, the bottom, or somewhere between.
• Of tips and tricks: You will learn about what goes into all those vest pockets – from the latest little gadgets to well tested home-made tools and much more.
• Of fly casting: Bring your rod or borrow one of ours because you are going to learn to fly cast, or, learn to fly cast better than you do already with help from our FFF-certified casting instructors (Federation of Fly Fishers).
If you enjoy this class and want to take your skills to the next level, or you are looking for more advanced training, take a look at our upcoming “on-water” Fly Fishing Class on the Little Lehigh Creek. We’ll discuss this at greater length in a future posting.
One other personal note I would like to share: Fly Fishing is NOT an expensively exclusive sport. You will learn that you can – even with a small budget and simple equipment care – enjoy a lifetime of fly fishing without breaking the bank! (More about fly fishing on a budget will be presented in a later posting.)
This class will be held at the Yardley VFW Post (#3693), 1444 Yardley-Newtown Road, Yardley, Bucks County, PA 19067. After the morning session the class will take a break for lunch and you are welcome to join us at one of the nearby eateries, then, back to start the afternoon session.
Please share this with your friends, neighbors and family – this truly is a great class for beginners to get started as well as a refresher for those with some experience. This is also a wonderful and affordable opportunity for a “Family Day” outing and even an “early” Father’s Day present.
You can find images from a previous class on our Past Events page.
We hope you can join us!